Thursday 2 March 2017

The Knights' Progress

As you know, I have been eagerly following the progress of my friend Rachael's Knight, one of the statues which will be seen around Lincoln this summer as part of The Knights' Trail  .  She has been working very hard on him/her/it and is almost finished.
 Apples, cakes, hearts, lightbulbs, keys, weather symbols and patchwork all feature in the design.
The blocks of colour are now suitcases (she has been working on him/her/it since I took these photos.  I really like the cake which is part of the saddle!
Once all the painting is finished, the varnish will be applied to protect the paint. This should really make the colours pop.
 He/she/it has lovely bright green eyes.  The pink mane will have white hearts on it, like the tail and Rachael said she may add some highlights to the washing up gloves.  I think it looks amazing!
 Three other statues are also nearing completion.
I like the Lincoln landmarks on this one.
This one is all about the Cathedral and features elements taken from the carvings there.  I am really looking forward to seeing them all finished and in place. I think Chris and I will be following the trail in the Summer.

2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun. Colourful and quirky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I am going to enjoy finding all the Knights in the Summer.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete